Pullem Family Page

The Pullem Family consists of Chris and Lisa, married in 2002, Jordana, born September 2003, and Caroline, born June 2005. This blog is a place for us to give family and friends a glimpse of what our life is like with 2 small girls... funny, messy, hectic, and wonderful!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Boyd Orchards

On my birthday last week, I got to something very special: visit Boyd Orchards in Versailles, Ky! Going to an apple orchard is a sentimental trip for me, and I had been wanting to go for weeks. Although the wind was rather blustery, the weather was still warm enough to not need a jacket (well, for some of us anyway - right, Dad?). Here are just a few of the many pictures I took:

Here are the girls amongst the pumpkins out front. Something about the orange pumpkins & red barn is just so photogenic!

Check out this giant slide! They have 2 "hay slides," as they're called, and this is a picture of the girls on the 40-foot one. (Believe it or not, they have a bigger one - 80 feet! - but neither Caroline nor Jordi met the height requirement!) You can tell by Jordi's stance as she slides how much fun this was for them; I lost track of how many times they each went down!

I could not resist this picture! Caroline was so thrilled to get a ride in the wagon, and I think Jordi was equally as thrilled to be able to pull her!

Yet another irresistible photo opportunity!

I could go on & on, but the blog only lets you post so much date at one time. It was so much fun, and I can't wait to go back again sometime. Not just for the enjoyment of letting the kids run around, but also for the delicious food! I didn't take any pictures of it, but we enjoyed some delectable cider, warm apple cider donuts and several varieties of crunchy, fresh apples. All in all, it was a wonderful... and I'm glad we got to go on my birthday!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home