Pullem Family Page

The Pullem Family consists of Chris and Lisa, married in 2002, Jordana, born September 2003, and Caroline, born June 2005. This blog is a place for us to give family and friends a glimpse of what our life is like with 2 small girls... funny, messy, hectic, and wonderful!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Tubing on the Blackwater River

Last Wednesday, I had the chance to do something really special: tubing! I had never been before, but I'm so glad I went. Aaron was the catalyst for this day trip to the Blackwater River; he convinced Tim & me that we'd enjoy a day floating down a lazy river - boy, was he right!

Unfortunately, I didn't take my own camera, so I've had to borrow a couple pictures from elsewhere on the internet. I'd never seen a white sand river before; the scenery was truly unique and quite beautiful. These pictures don't even begin to do it justice!

The water was wonderful to swim in: clear & cool. It was especially refreshing given the 100+ heat index all week at the beach! This river has an average depth of 2.5 feet and, according to the State Park brocure, "is one of the purest sand-bottom rivers in the nation." Wow!

All in all, it was an awesome trip. Tubing on the Blackwater is now a permanent addition to the list of things to do while spending a week in Florida. Next time, we hope rest of Pullems (& a waterproof camera) will join us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home