Pullem Family Page

The Pullem Family consists of Chris and Lisa, married in 2002, Jordana, born September 2003, and Caroline, born June 2005. This blog is a place for us to give family and friends a glimpse of what our life is like with 2 small girls... funny, messy, hectic, and wonderful!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Getting Ready for the Stage

Recital time is just about a month away, and there's lots to do to get ready. You may have seen our post from a couple weeks ago of Jordi in her adorable recital costume. Well, recital pictures are being taken on Monday, and our little ballerina needs to be in full costume, including hair & make-up, for the occasion. Although I know nothing about making fancy hair buns or putting on stage make-up, I am very lucky to have some highly skilled family members to show me how things are done!

Muffin was in charge of the face. Here she is, gently applying some age-appropriate ballerina make-up to Jordi.

Next, the hair. Kim is the Bun Queen, and I was blown away at what a beautiful hair-do she created for Jordi, just by using a "magic" brush, hairspray, fake hair, bobby pins, and a hair net. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it!

Ta Da! Here's Jordi, ready for the stage. I can't thank both Kim & Muffin enough for sharing what they know with me. I'm eternally grateful!

We'll take some pictures more pictures on Monday while she's wearing her costume, but I hope you've enjoyed seeing a little bit of what all goes into the making of a little ballerina!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home